We continually collect and share information to help you.

Can’t find an answer here? Contact us at

Community Resources

Calling 911 vs 311

Printable 911 vs 311 Handout (PDF)

Call 911

  • Anytime, 24/7, for any emergency situation
  • A crime occurring right now
  • Life-threatening situations and injuries requiring medical attention
  • Smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors sounding
  • Fire or smoke coming from a building
  • Any other emergency situation
  • Link: Allegheny County Emergency Services Online

Call 311

  • 7am-7pm, Monday through Friday, for non-emergency situations
  • Information on city services
  • Graffiti, pot holes, high weeds, code violations, traffic issues
  • Ongoing suspected drug activities
  • Information on how to receive a smoke detector and when to change batteries
  • Any other NON-emergency situation with which you need help
  • Links:
Reporting Nuisance Bars

Illicit behavior in nuisance bars can spill over into the neighborhood and deeply affect residents’ quality of life. If you are experiencing problems with a local South Side bar, we urge you to read these guides from State Representative Jessica Benham, report issues directly, and help amplify community efforts.

Nuisance Bar brochure (PDF)

Problem Bars – Which Agency Does What? (PDF)


Pittsburgh Mobile Apps

Moving in or out of the South Side and need space for a moving truck?

Apply for a Moving Truck permit online at OneStopPGH. Register first to create an account and then it’s fairly simple to apply. Once applied for, the review process is 2-3 days. Fee for the permit is $25 per 2 days. Payment will be made through a credit/debit card online and the permit is downloadable.