We continually collect and share information to help you.
Can’t find an answer here? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Calling 911 vs 311
Printable 911 vs 311 Handout (PDF)
- Anytime, 24/7, for any emergency situation
- A crime occurring right now
- Life-threatening situations and injuries requiring medical attention
- Smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors sounding
- Fire or smoke coming from a building
- Any other emergency situation
- Link: Allegheny County Emergency Services Online
- 7am-7pm, Monday through Friday, for non-emergency situations
- Information on city services
- Graffiti, pot holes, high weeds, code violations, traffic issues
- Ongoing suspected drug activities
- Information on how to receive a smoke detector and when to change batteries
- Any other NON-emergency situation with which you need help
Reporting Nuisance Bars
Illicit behavior in nuisance bars can spill over into the neighborhood and deeply affect residents’ quality of life. If you are experiencing problems with a local South Side bar, we urge you to read these guides from State Representative Jessica Benham, report issues directly, and help amplify community efforts.
Problem Bars – Which Agency Does What? (PDF)
Landlord & Tenant (including Students)
Pittsburgh Mobile Apps
- Go Mobile Pgh App: Mobile App for Parking Payments (Android and iOS)
- MyBurgh: City of Pittsburgh Information, 311 Requests, and more
Moving in or out of the South Side and need space for a moving truck?
Apply for a Moving Truck permit online at OneStopPGH. Register first to create an account and then it’s fairly simple to apply. Once applied for, the review process is 2-3 days. Fee for the permit is $25 per 2 days. Payment will be made through a credit/debit card online and the permit is downloadable.